North American Tungsten Corporation Ltd. was the Western World's largest producer of tungsten concentrate, a strategic industrial metal required in a wide variety of products ranging from jet turbine engines and high-speed cutting tools to electronic circuitry and surgical instruments.
The Cantung Mine is located in the Nahanni area of western Northwest Territories, Canada, approximately 300 km by road northeast of Watson Lake, Yukon, close to the Yukon border. The mine is a primary producer of tungsten concentrate from open pit and underground mines. It was opened in 1962.
Existing underground and surface infrastructure at the property includes the following:
- Underground workings of a total strike length of 5,000 ft., with a main haulage drift at the 3,950-ft. level and a number of ramps at different levels;
- An open pit located south of the main underground ore body, at the 4,900-ft. level;
- An underground maintenance shop comprised of large service bays and warehouse facilities;
- Primary, secondary, and tertiary crushing plants equipped with rod and ball mills, plus gravity and flotation equipment;
- A mill building with offices and a maintenance shop;
- An analytical lab;
- Concentrate storage facilities;
- Tailings ponds and an infiltration pond;
- A backfill plant;
- Wwarehouse for reagents and other supplies;
- A pumping station; and
- (2) 36,000-liter diesel fuel tanks.
- Jarvice Clark EJC430 Haul Truck
- CAT R1600G Scoop Tram (2011)
- Jarvice Clark EJC220 Scoop Tram
- Jarvice Clark EJC210 Scoop Tram
- Jarvice Clark EJC130 Scoop Tram
- Tamrock Minimatic Jumbo Core Drill
- Tamrock H205-D Jumbo Core Drill
- CAT 966H Wheel Loader (2007)
- CAT TH220 & TH220B Telehandlers (to 2007
- (2) Jarvice Clark JUT43S & JUT41S Scissor Decks
- Miller M75 Motor Grader
- Jarvice Clark PK7000A Boom Lift
- Kubota L4600 Tractor
- 2012 Ford F250SD XL Pickup
- 2012 GMC Sierra Pickup
- 2011 GMC Sierra Pickup
- 2011 Chevy Suburban SUV
- 2011 GMC Savana 15-Passenger Van
- 2011 Chevy 10-Passenger Van
- 2008 Chevy Suburban 1500LT SUV
- 2008 GMC Sierra 3500 W/T Crew Cab Pickups (3-Available)
- 2008 Chevy G3500 Express Vans (2-Available)
- 2008 GMC G3500 Savana Van
- 2001 Ford F250SD XL Pickups (3-Available)
- 2001 Dodge Ram 1500ST Pickup
- 2001 Ford F350XLT Super Duty Ambulance
- 1990 Ford F8000 Flatbed Crane Truck
- (3) Kubota RTV1140 All-Terrain Vehicles
- Toyota Land Cruiser Man Carrier
- (3) CAT 3516HD 1450-kW Generators (2010)
- (3) Sullair LS25 200-HP Air Compressors
- (3) Industrial Heaters - to 500,000-BTU
- Tamper 800-kW Generator
- Backfill Paste Plant
- Maintenance/Machine Shops
- Lab Equipment
Sale presented in partnership with:
- Buyers are responsible for removing all of their purchases. Hilco does not provide rigging or shipping services and is not responsible for any rigging or shipping issues.
- Removal deadline: TBD
- Removal dates and times: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM local time Monday through Friday.
- Standard Removal Terms apply.
- Anyone performing removal will need to provide proper insurance.
- Prequalified riggers offering services for this sale will be listed here as they become available.