Inspection Equipment, Maintenance Shops, Toolroom, Woodworking, Cranes and More
Online Only Auction
4 December 2018 9:00 am PT
3 December 2018 8:00 am - 4:00 pm or earlier by appointment.
Jorgensen Forge was a fully integrated open die forging facility primarily serving the aircraft, aerospace, oil & gas, marine, defense, power generation, nuclear and general industrial markets. To meet the demands of these various markets, the company offered versatile forging and machining operations, heat treating, and efficient lean manufacturing processes.
Forging capabilities include open die forgings on hydraulic presses ranging from 660 to 5000-ton capacity. Rolled rings in a variety of metals are manufactured on an Alliance ring mill with sizes ranging from 12" to 180" OD. In addition, a Grotnes hydraulic ring expander allows sizing and expanding rings up to 225" OD.
Machining capabilities are highlighted with lathes with up to 72" swing x 75' between centers; vertical boring mills up to 20' swing x 98" high; and solid boring & trepanning from 2" to 36" ID to 75' long.
Forging Presses (Open Die)
- 5000-Ton Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton
- 2500-Ton Mfg. Unknown
- 1250-Ton United Engineering & Foundry
- 660-Ton Mfg. Unknown
- Glama GSM-250/500 WP (New 2009)
- Glama GSM-100/300 WP (New 2008)
- Glama SD-100/100 Turntable (New 2008)
- (2) Herr Voss & (1) Linde
- Alliance Ringmill, to 180" Diameter
- Grotnes 40-HE-2400-12 Expander, to 200" OD (New 1984)
- Sauder 20' x 20' Car Bottom Elevated Quench Furnace
- Epcon 16' x 15' x 8' Car Bottom Furnace
- Nu-Tek Car Bottom Reheat Furnace
- (2) Lectromelt 50-Ton Melt Furnaces
Raw Material (to be Sold by Private Treaty Sale)
- Approximately 530,000-Lbs. of Assorted Billets & Ingots, Most with Certs
Deep Hole Boring Lathes
- Tacchi FT45S 500 x 10000 CNC (New 2008)
- Tacchi FT450 500 x 10000 (New 1980)
Trepan/Hollow Boring Lathes
- Niles 60" x 105'
- Niles 48" x 52'
- Lodge & Shipley 32" x 288"
- Poreba 36" x 354"
- LaPoint 36" x 184"
- (15) Niles, LeBlond and Axelson - up to 60" x 55'
- Barnes 17"/60" x 30' Horizontal
Vertical Boring Mills
- (7) Cincinnati, Craven & Bullard - up to 120"
Horizontal Bands Saws
- (4) HEM - up to 40" x 40"
- (2) Hyd-Mech - to 18" x 18"
- Cosen 20" x 20"
- (20) CAT, Taylor, Kalmar, Hyster, Clark & Mitsubishi Forklifts - up to 19,800-Lb
- RPC 60,000-Lb Gantry Style Yard Lift
- Grove 14-Ton Rough Terrain Crane
- (3) Combilift Side Loaders - to 17,300-Lb
- Heavy-Duty Bridge Cranes & Jib Cranes
Sale in partnership with:
- Buyers are responsible for removing all of their purchases. Hilco does not provide rigging or shipping services and is not responsible for any rigging or shipping issues.
- Removal deadline: 15 February 2019
- Removal dates and times: 5 December 2018 - 15 February 2019, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM local time Monday through Friday.
- CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAYS: DECEMBER 22 - JANUARY 2, will re-open on January 3.
- Standard Removal Terms apply.
- Anyone performing removal will need to provide proper insurance.
- Prequalified riggers offering services for this sale will be listed here as they become available.