IN PARTS OR COMPLETE
Pohang, South Korea
By Appointment Only
Unique Opportunity to Purchase a 2.000.000-Ton Per Year Heavy Plate Mill
In Parts or Complete
State-O-The-Art Plate Mill
• Mfg. “VAI DAVY”, installed 1997
• Revamp 2008 - 2013 at cost of USD 130 Million
• Weight of Machinery & Equipment: 44.000 Ton
• Overhead Cranes, Roll Grinders, Knife Grinder, Spare Parts
• Dongkuk Steel started the production of steel plates in 1971 for the first time in Korea. It offers a wide range of steel plates from those for general use to high-quality products such as TMCP and Normalized for ship building and marine structures.
• The facility is located in Pohang, Gyeongbuk in South Korea
• 1998 start of operation of the “VAI DAVY” Plate mill
• With the completion of the “VAI DAVY” Plate mill in 1997, it opened the era of the second foundation, pursuing speedy changes such as optimization of equipment, introduction and development of state-of-the-art technology, etc.
• Approximately USD 130 Million investment in the period 2008-2013 to upgrade the “DAVY” Plate mill
- Buyers are responsible for removing all of their purchases. Hilco does not provide rigging or shipping services and is not responsible for any rigging or shipping issues.
- Removal deadline: TBD
- Removal dates and times: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM local time Monday through Friday.
- Standard Removal Terms apply.
- Anyone performing removal will need to provide proper insurance.
- Prequalified riggers offering services for this sale will be listed here as they become available.