Bid Deadline: 9 April 2018, 4:00pm GMT
Featured Items to be added soon.
WaveLIFT has developed unique patented technology, having created an engineering invention surrounding the conversion of rotational movement to reciprocating movement and incorporating this within its pump technology in the form of innovative positive displacement pumps using a sinusoidal drive system to provide a smooth repetitive oscillation for fluid transfer.
The technology was sponsored through international oil company Shell’s Gamechanger programme to bring disruptive ideas to market, passing proof of concept stage and being awarded a Gold Standard. As part of this, 3D printed models and prototypes were manufactured each successfully displacing fluids in submerged conditions. The Company has further explored oil & gas applications – with existing artificial lift technology originating in the 1930’s being considered inefficient and costly. Engineering design and testing has been carried out with Berg Design delivering wave-drive prototype tools. The technology is, however, not limited to use in downhole pumping applications, and has a wide variety of other industrial capabilities including for the food industry, for example.
The WaveLIFT technology is game changing, offering a buyer of the intellectual property scope for significant disruptive product and process differentiation.
Available Intellectual Property Assets
- Four patents families entitled “Rotary Fluid Transfer Apparatus and Associated Methods”, “Fluid Transfer Apparatus and Associated Methods”, “Fluid Transfer Apparatus” and “Fluid Transfer Mechanism”. The patent portfolio includes the broad Granted UK Rotary Fluid Transfer Apparatus and Associated Methods Patent no. 2524658 as well as a number of pending patent applications relating to the Company’s innovative drive and fluid transfer system, covering multiple pump concepts
- The core patented technology is based on fluid transfer devices that utilise relative rotation between members with cam-shaped surfaces to cause axial translation between the members to increase and decrease the volume of a fluid chamber
- Further inventions in relation to recent new pump developments are considered to be patentable, with future patent applications having been planned.
Organisational Knowledge & Technology Related IP Assets
- Organisational knowledge relating to the WaveLIFT technology, the market opportunity and the business’s activities, including: Concept Files for the various WaveLIFT pumps, CAD Drawings; Engineering Files; insight from a Market Assessment carried out on behalf of the Company; competitor research; IP Audit documentation; Marketing and Investors Presentations
Goodwill in the WaveLIFT Brand
- Awareness of the WaveLIFT technology has been enhanced by the Company’s engagement with industry and potential end-users with positive feedback received. The brand has also benefited from press coverage
- UK trade mark applications filed to protect the “WaveLIFT” brand name (application no. UK00003274081), the logo (UK00003274085) and the descriptor for the “WaveDRIVE” drive mechanism element of the Company’s technology (UK00003274083) in classes 7 and 37
- Waveliftlimited.com (next renewal date 16/06/2018)
- Attractive and informational website content which has been professionally developed by the third party agency CreativeCore and is ready for launch. Available to view at http://creativecore.neilw8man.com/wavelift/
Diligence & Sale Process
Hilco Appraisal is currently soliciting interest in the assets from qualified buyers. Access to further information is available on request.
Bids to be provided in writing by the Bid Deadline of 9 April 2018, 4:00pm GMT.
For further information and to submit an offer, please contact: Linda Shannon. Email: email@example.com Phone: +44 (0) 141 212 2516
- The bidder acknowledges that Hilco Appraisal act as agent for the Liquidator, Claire Middlebrook of Middlebrooks Business Recovery & Advice, who offers for sale only what right title and interest the Company possesses in the assets.
- The information provided has not been verified by Hilco Appraisal or the Liquidator, and bidders are deemed to have carried out their own due diligence of the assets.
- Buyer`s Premium of 10% will be applicable to this sale.
- VAT at 20% will be added.
- Legal completion to occur within 5 business days of bid acceptance.
- Full Terms and Conditions apply