Bids Due: 24 May 2018, 4:00pm BST
Featured Items to be added soon.
On behalf of the Liquidator of the innovative fabric technology business Lightex Limited (in Liquidation) (“the Company”), Hilco Global (“Hilco”) is delighted to offer the opportunity to acquire the intellectual property (“IP”) assets behind the Company’s patented SmartWeave sweat free clothing technology.
SmartWeave has been marketed by the Company as the only 100% cotton fabric that looks and feels like any other premium material, but with the unique added benefit of providing protection from visible sweat patches. The SmartWeave textile has been made into the Company’s exceptional range of premium men’s and women’s shirt products. Numerous further market applications exist, for example, chino samples having also been produced.
SmartWeave draws perspiration away from the skin and, via a pre-set route, transports it across the shirt's inner surface. The moisture is spread very finely over a large surface area, encouraging it to dry quickly, keeping the wearer feeling fresh throughout the day. Meanwhile, the weave actively re-directs the perspiration away from the outside of the shirt, preventing unsightly sweat marks from appearing.
SmartWeave is the light-weight, single layered, 100% cotton fabric that keeps the individual feeling dry and looking crisp, fresh and in control.
The SmartWeave shirt fabric is comfortable to wear, durable after washing and can be ironed and dry cleaned like any standard garment. Shirts have been crafted to exacting standards in classic and contemporary styles for all body shapes. The material is available in pinpoints, micro twills and basket weaves in several fabric qualities such as 140/2’s, 60's and 70s.
The Company’s revolutionary technology is patented and proven, having been refined via many specialist weaving and fabric-finishing trials. The technology’s incorporation within light, luxurious and durable fabrics, which are perfect for shirts, is the result of considerable investment and R&D effort which a buyer can capitalise on. Sales to date have been made globally through the e-commerce SmartWeaveStore.com online store, franchisees and previously to British multinational retailer Marks and Spencer. A strong relationship has been established with a mill which produces high quality fabrics to many well-known worldwide brands. A buyer of the intellectual property assets now has the opportunity to commercialise the technology on a larger scale.
Available Intellectual Property Assets
Goodwill rights in the SmartWeave brand
- The brand is associated with technology that delivers genuine end user benefits through the elimination of visible sweat patches. In delivering premium quality clothing with the unique, added benefit of providing protection from visible sweat patches, SmartWeave enhances users’ lives.
- SmartWeave is unique, innovative, premium, patented, technical and confident - reflected in the brand’s values.
- It has been featured by media outlets including Men’s Health, ITV, BBC, Esquire and Bloomberg, enhancing the brand.
- “SmartWeave” can be positioned as both a product brand and a technology brand name. Having parallels with other technologies such as Lycra and Goretex, SmartWeave constitutes a brand in its own right as well as a component brand. The SmartWeave technology has scope to enhance multiple third party brands (“powered by SmartWeave”) and own-label retailers.
Registered Trade Marks
- Registered trade marks protect the brand/logo in various territories globally.
- The SmartWeave icon has been thoughtfully designed as an intersected ‘S’ and ‘W’ which form a weave-like pattern, reinforcing the technical and textile elements of the brand. Its colouring is confident and fresh, with a black background indicating a premium and stylish product.
- The SmartWeave fabric technology is protected by the Company’s “Breathable Fabric” patents granted and filed in various territories globally.
- Documentation such as the Company’s test standard, files relating to the manufacturing process, brand guidelines and historical strategy presentations.
Rights in Social Media Accounts
- SmartWeave has an active presence on Twitter, supporting digital marketing activities.
Diligence & Sale Process
Hilco is currently soliciting interest in the assets from qualified buyers. Access to further information is available on request.
Bids are to be provided in writing by the Bid Deadline of 24 May 2018 at 4:00pm BST. Bid documentation will be provided on request.
For further information and to submit an offer, please contact: Linda Shannon.
Phone: +44 (0) 141 212 2516