Strictly by prior appointment only
LEYLAND AEC RML2300 Double Decker Routemaster Bus (1965)
- Registration: CUV 300C
- Scania Engine
- Original Gearbox
- Original London Red
- Currently converted into mobile conference/ presentation suites – however all of the original seats are available and included with this sale
Commentary, History & Provenance, as Provided by the Current Owner/Keeper
“She worked most of her life in North London, first serving on the 67 routes from Stamford Hill then transferring to Highgate as a No 271 to Moorgate.
1971 saw her move to Muswell Hill as a No 43 bus then in 1972 as a No 24 from Chalk Farm. Between 1975 and 1993, RML 2300 was a 13 bus from North Finchley to Aldwych out of Hendon bus garage.
In 1993 she was totally refurbished and transferred to the number 8 route in the East End running between Bow Church and Tottenham Court Road finally being retired in 2003.
We purchased her out of storage in 2004.
Route Master: Mileage is unknown, it doesn’t have a gauge. It’s probably a couple of million miles. It’s a historic vehicle so doesn’t have to be taxed or have an MOT. The seats were removed and stored when we bought it in about 2003. 2 of the windows have been replaced by opening windows for use as a static bar. Total spent on various bits of adaptation/conversion probably amount to £8k over 18 years. It needs a repaint. It runs well but hasn’t been serviced for about 18 months because of Covid.”
- Removal Deadline: TBC 2021, 12:00pm GMT Strictly by prior appointment only
- Removal Hours: TBC 2021, 9:30am - 4:00pm GMT, Strictly by prior appointment, excluding weekends
- Collection is only permitted once a paid in full invoice has been received
- Standard Removal Terms
- The Buyer and or their removal contractor must supply their own lifting equipment Method statements and risk assessments, copies of all relevant insurances documents and operator licenses must be supplied and approved ahead of any item being dismantled or moved in accordance with Health & Safety policies. Site attendance for the duration of the removal process to be confirmed and agreed in advance
- Anyone attending site will be required to wear the relevant PPE workwear including Hi-Viz Vest/Jacket and Safety Footwear. In accordance with Government Covid 19 Guidelines all visitors to site must wear PPE including gloves & face coverings. If visitors don’t have gloves or face coverings these will be supplied. Visitors must inform the site manager if they are ill or have been ill prior to visiting site. Social distancing measures will be in place and hand sanitising facilities will be available.