Elevating the visibility of your assets to the marketplace is critical to the success of your asset disposition project. With offices in over 20 cities on 5 continents, we have an unparalleled international and domestic reach in various industries and segments. Below you can see some of our most successful case studies.
Solar Panel Manufacturing & Plastic Injection Molding | Midland, Michigan | December 2016
Hilco is now a preferred partner and source for asset disposition and has subsequently conducted several more sales for Dow in the U.S. and Europe.
- Dow closed its solar shingle manufacturing operations.
- The sales process was conducted in an operating chemical production facility.
- Dow mandated the use of dedicated and approved machinery movers & contractors.
- Our initial sales strategy was to conduct a live, webcast auction at an offsite location.
- Early marketing efforts generated strong interest in the high value assets, which we opted to sell through a private treaty sale.
- Converted from a live to an online auction for the remaining assets and product categories and allowed us to redirect marketing dollars.
- Hilco is now a preferred partner and source for asset disposition and has subsequently conducted several more sales for Dow in the U.S. and Europe.
Heavy Precision Machining & Metal Fabrication | Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada | March 2017
Hilco secured a turnkey buyer and closed the deal 3-months after acquiring the facility.
- Former power generator housing, wind turbine tower, and pressure vessel manufacturing facility.
- 21.67-acre site with 200,000-sq. ft. of production space.
- Machinery & equipment included CNC horizontal & vertical boring mills, CNC lathes, CNC bridge mill, CNC water jet cutter, plate bending rolls, welding manipulators, tank turning rolls, welders, material handling and general support equipment.
- A three-pronged sales strategy was employed. The entire facility was marketed on a turnkey basis. Simultaneously we began to prepare and market the assets for a two-day live, webcast auction. Finally, our real estate division began to market the property in bulk and by parcels.
- Our marketing efforts generated very strong interest in the individual assets, as well interest in the turnkey offering, from many groups throughout the world.
- Hilco bought the entire facility – including the real estate and all the personal property assets.
- Hilco secured a turnkey buyer and closed the deal 3-months after acquiring the facility.
Late-Model High-Precision CNC Machining & Fabricating Equipment | Oxford, Massachusetts | October 2018
Total live auction registration included 672 individuals from 41 States and 4 Provinces.
- Businesses that make up what is now known as Technetics Group are: Helicoflex, Garlock France, Tara Technologies, Technetics, Wide Range Elastomers, Plastomer Technologies, Hydrodyne and Fabrico.
- Technetics group manufactures components for the combustion, fuel nozzle and hot path sections of industrial gas and steam turbines serving the aerospace and energy sectors.
- Assets from this facility were sold during two auctions - a live and webcast event featuring major machinery and equipment, and an online only auction with plant support and tooling.
- Total live auction registration included 672 individuals from 41 U.S. States and 4 Canadian Provinces.
Fresh & Easy
Produce Wash & Prep Line and Commercial Kitchen | Riverside, California | October 2016 & December 2017
Hilco Industrial maximized value by marketing the real and personal property separately.
- Fresh & Easy was a chain of grocery stores in the western U.S.
- After filing for bankruptcy, Hilco was selected to market the personal property.
- In marketing two specialty manufacturing facilities, it was determined that we could maximize value by marketing the real and personal property separately.
- Hilco worked closely with the client to coordinate between private and public sales maximizing the value to the seller.
- Machinery and equipment from one facility was sold on a piecemeal basis through auction, while the assets at the second facility were sold in bulk to a strategic buyer.
- 242 registrants from 30 U.S. States and 3 Canadian Provinces participated in the Auction.
- The assets sold during the auction totaled over $3 million in sales.
Mid-Sized Yellow Iron and Transportation Assets | Rhome, Texas | September 2017
Hilco sold the assets through a series of private treaty sales and a live auction.
- KEC operated a full collection of mid-sized yellow iron and transportation assets capable of a broad variety of commercial and residential applications.
- 90+ units in fleet including graders, dozers, excavators, loaders, vac trucks, semi tractors, trailer and pick ups.
- All assets were marshaled to a yard in Rhome, TX. All the equipment was detailed and cleaned out.
- Hilco provided a net minimum return guarantee for the sale of the asset pool.
- Hilco sold the assets through a series of private treaty sales and a live auction.
Hilco Industrial is the best choice for monetizing your assets and maximizing your value. Contact us today for a comprehensive and customized evaluation of your facility operations and assets.