for further information on sale location and featured items.
29 May 2014 beginning at 10:00 AM ET
Tuesday & Wednesday,
27 & 28 May 2014
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM ET
or earlier by appointment
Make preview appointment
As a certified AS9100 REV B and ISO 9001:2000 supplier, M & D Machine provided high precision CNC prototype and contract machining to customers in a diverse number of industries including aerospace, defense, rocket propulsion, chemical detection, medical, telecommunications, and food processing.
The closure of this facility in Linthicum (Baltimore), MD represents an outstanding opportunity for company’s engaged in similar machining operations to bid on and purchase over 800 lots of CNC machine tools, manual machine tools, metal fabricating equipment, test/measurement equipment, and general shop and production support equipment.
The auction sale will feature (26) CNC vertical machining centers by Haas, Doosan, and Doosan Daewoo. All these machining centers are have 4th axis drives and seven have 5th axis drives. The work envelopes range from 30” x 16” x 20” to 64” x 32” x 30”, with spindle speeds up to 12,000-RPM. Most are new in the mid-late 2000’s. The machines are equipped with many extra options including inline direct drive spindles, high speed tool changes (up to 30-positions), upgraded memory, high speed machining, rigid tapping, through spindle coolant, programmable coolant nozzles, and chip auger conveyors.
For those looking to maximize the multi-axis capabilities of the vertical machining centers, there will be (17) rotary tables – including (5) tilting 2-axis trunnion tables – available for sale. Most are made by Haas and are as new as 2013. Finally, there will also be (70+) Kurt vises and (600+) CAT 40 tool holders for sale, offering a great chance to purchase complete vertical machining center packages.
In addition there will be (6) Doosan CNC turning & milling centers available. These include (2) Puma TT1800SY 8-axis twin-opposed spindle machines with live tooling on all turret positions, full C-axis, and Y-axis milling on the upper turret. The Puma 2000SY 5-axis machine, and the (3) Puma 240MSC & 240MSB machines are arranged with sub spindles, live tooling on all turret positions, full C-axis, and live milling. All machines have Fanuc 18i-TB CNC controls.
Finally, this sale will offer (11) 2-axis CNC turning centers – most by Mori Seiki; a Romer portable arm type CMM; a Brown & Sharpe Global Image CMM; manual inspection tools; granite surface plates; standard machine tools; metal fabricating equipment; stake bed trucks; and general plant & production support equipment.
(25) CNC Vertical Machining Centers
- (2) Haas VF-6SS, 5-Axis (2006-07)
- Haas VF-6B/40, 5-Axis (2007)
- Haas VF-6, 4-Axis (1997)
- (2) Haas VF-4SS, 5-Axis (2007 & 2005)
- Haas VF-4, 4-Axis (1996)
- Haas VF-3SSYT, 5-Axis (2006)
- Haas VF-3SS, 4-Axis (2007)
- Haas VM-3 Mold Maker, 4-Axis (2007)
- Haas VF-3D/APC, 4-Axis (1999)
- Haas VF-3, 5-Axis (1997)
- Haas VF-2SS, 4-Axis (2007)
- Haas VF-2, 4-Axis (2007)
- (5) Haas VF-0EB, 4-Axis (1999-2000)
- Doosan Mynx 750, 4-Axis (2007)
- Doosan Daewoo DMV-5025, 4-Axis (2009)
- (2) Doosan MV-5025, 4-Axis (2007-08)
- Doosan MV-4020, 4-Axis (2008)
- Doosan Daewoo MV-4020, 4-Axis (2006)
CNC Turning & Milling Centers
- (2) Doosan Puma TT1800SY, 8-Axis (2007)
- Doosan Puma 2000SY, 5-Axis (2008)
- (2) Doosan Puma 240MSC, 3-Axis (2007-08)
- Doosan Puma 240MSB, 3-Axis (2008)
CNC Lathes (Turning Centers)
- Doosan Puma 240LB (2008)
- Haas TL-2 (2007)
- Mori-Seiki SL-35B (1996)
- Mori-Seiki SL-15 (1995)
- Mori-Seiki Frontier-L1 (1995)
- Mori-Seiki SL-3H
- Mori-Seiki SL-2
- (2) Mori-Seiki AL-2ATM
- (3) Hitachi Seiki HiTec Turn 20SII (1994-95)
Rotary Tables & Trunnion Tables
- (2) Haas TR3105XB Titling 2-Axis Trunnion (2009-10)
- (2) Haas TR210P2 Tilting 2-Axis Trunnion (2013)
- Haas TR2105XB Tilting 2-Axis Trunnion (2005)
- Haas SHRT310B Servo Rotary (2008)
- Haas HRT310 Servo Rotary
- (4) SHRT210H Servo Rotary
- (4) Haas HRT210 A6-CNC Servo Rotary(2005-08)
- SMW RT325VN Servo Rotary (2008)
- SMW RT275VN Servo Rotary (2008)
Electrical Discharge Machine
- Sodick AQ750LH Wire Type (2005)
Coordinate Measuring Machines
- Brown & Sharpe Global Image 9-15-8 (2000)
- Romer 5124 Infinite 2.0 Portable Arm (2008)
- Vertical Mills, Lathes, Grinders
- Saws, Shear, Welders, Finishing
- 600+ CAT 40 Tool Holders
- Live Tooling Holders
- Removal deadline: 13 June 2014.
- Removal dates and times: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM local time Monday through Friday.
- Site Contact: Ron Packer, Jr. 616.299.5635
Riggers offering services for this sale:
Big Boys Riggers
Contact: Brian Reckord