Bid Deadline: 8 March 2018, 4:00pm GMT
Featured Items to be added soon.
Cloggs is a premium footwear retailer and retail brand, specialising in providing the very best quality product sourced direct from brand partners, including Lauren Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors and Tommy Hilfiger. Cloggs began as a single boutique located in Birmingham’s famed home of alternative shopping, the Oasis Market, in 1979. Since 1998 Cloggs has been online, serving millions of customers all over the world. In 2013 Cloggs was acquired by JD Sports Group which enabled the website to be developed into a more stylish, user friendly site with engaging content, giving the look and feel of the successful international e-retailer it has become. As well as having a strong online presence, Cloggs traded from three high street stores in Shrewsbury, York and Newcastle. Cloggs’ dedication to staying at the cutting edge of trends while also offering brands that have stood the test of time, has been recognised countless times by some of the biggest names in fashion retailing, including Drapers and the PayPal Etail Awards. Over the years, Cloggs has built a strong customer base, particularly in the demographic of females aged between 25-44.
CLOGGS 3 Year Financial Overview
- FY2017 Total Revenue: £7.7m
- FY2016 Total Revenue: £10.9m
- FY2015 Total Revenue: £8.9m
- Goodwill in the Cloggs brand – Cloggs has an excellent reputation in relation to premium branded footwear, particularly online having an e-commerce presence since 1998
- Cloggs Trade mark – Registered UK trade mark protecting the “Cloggs” brand name in Class 35
- Cloggs Domain Name Portfolio – Cloggs.co.uk, Cloggs.dk, Cloggs.eu, Cloggs.fr and Cloggsschuhe.de
- Cloggs Website Content – The Cloggs e-commerce website contains a depth of rich imagery and content which has been fully updated on a weekly basis. The Cloggs website receives substantial traffic with over 13 million page views over the last twelve months. Significant PPC and online paid for search advertising is associated with the Cloggs brand and website. The homepage is based on trade decisions, seasonal trends, heat maps and analytics. The website incorporates functionality for mobile, desktop and tablets. It is well designed and easy to navigate with a UX/UI customer journey. Traffic to the site has been enhanced by Cloggs’ dynamic and intelligent weekly email marketing system, which has been informed by customer behaviour and interaction with the site, as well as by the use of an incremental approach in engaging with customers to offer deals that suit their shopping needs during promotional periods
- Cloggs Social Media Accounts – Rights in social media accounts, which are associated with Cloggs’ active and engaged social audience, including Facebook (70k likes); Instagram; Twitter; Pinterest, and; Youtube
- Customer Database – Containing over 450,000 opted-in email entries managed via RedEye Customer Data and Marketing Automation Platform. Frequent marketing emails are sent to customers based on previous customer behaviour and customer segmentation.
Diligence & Sale Process
Hilco Appraisal is currently soliciting interest in the assets from qualified buyers. Access to further information is available on signing of a non-disclosure agreement.
Bid Submission: Bids to be provided in writing by the Bid Deadline 8 March 2018, 4:00pm GMT. Bid documentation will be provided on request.
For further information and to submit an offer, please contact: Nat Baldwin
Direct: +44 (0) 141 406 3197
Mobile: +44 (0) 7803416597