Featured Items to be added soon.
Cella Energy is an advanced materials manufacturing and technologies company with first-mover advantage in safe, lightweight, high performance hydrogen storage technology for aerospace, unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAVs”), military (including dismounted soldier) and commercial applications. The Company specialises in producing battery replacement and other types of power sources based on its advanced, patented solid-state hydrogen storage material. The value proposition is to provide up to three times as much power at a similar price and at the same weight to Lithium-ion battery solutions it replaces in the portable power sector.
Cella’s unique proprietary CELLAGEN™ material (a composite based on ammonia borane) is capable of liberating up to 1 litre of hydrogen per gram when heated to above 85oC. When combined with a fuel cell, variable and reactive electrical power is produced – a green power solution to the demand for improved power storage for on-demand usage.
Cella’s technology is intrinsically scalable and has been demonstrated for a variety of applications. From its material, the Company has developed power sources in the form of combined gas-generators with appropriately sized fuel cells to provide power for: portable equipment such as UAVs, e-scooters and power-tools; backup power solutions; and high-power systems capable of providing clean electric power on motor vehicles and aircraft, reducing weight and saving fuel.
Based in Oxfordshire, the business was initially formed in 2011 as a spin out of the Science and Technology Facilities Council at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory. Over £10m has been invested to date from shareholders, grants and awards. In recent years Cella has been delivering demonstration projects where its technology has been provided in the form of an electrical power source for key strategically important market sectors with high user demand. Immediate traction in the UAV market (an accessible market of c. £500m) has come from the Company’s relationship with Israel Aerospace Industries and the production of a high-value fully-certified saleable VTOL UAV with application in the defence, media, security and infrastructure inspection domains.
Available Intellectual Property Assets
Goodwill in the Cella Brand
- The Cella brand is well known and respected within the industry
- Cella was the Shell Springboard regional and national winner 2011, Energy Storage Challenge winner 2011, Energy Innovations winner 2011 and won the UK Trade and Investment Business Innovations Award for Technology 2012 as well as the ICIS Innovation Best Innovation by an SME Award 2015
- The brand has also been enhanced by media coverage received including from BBC Horizon
Registered Trade Marks
- Registered trade marks protecting the “Cella” brand name, the Cella Energy logo and the “CELLAGEN” materials name
- Four patents families entitled “Hydrogen Storage Material”, “Hydrogen Storage Pellet”, “Space Shield” and “Regeneration”, comprised of two granted US patents and numerous pending patent application filed in various territories globally, protecting the Company’s innovations
- Extensive organisational knowledge relating to the Company’s technology and the business’s activities
- Literature and documentation includes, for example: scientific progress reports; project files; project photographs and video content; test data; specifications; design drawings; a pellet manufacturing guide; and, health and safety processes
- Software in development in relation to the management of pellet reactions. Source code has been written in C++ in-house by Cella’s software engineer
- Cellaenergy.com (next renewal date 08/07/2022)
Website Content & Social Media Accounts
- Copyright in the content of the Cella-branded website hosted at cellaenergy.com. The website contains a depth of rich content and imagery
- Rights in Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
Available Machinery & Business Assets
- Various items of high value laboratory equipment and other tangible assets
Diligence & Sale Process
Hilco Appraisal is currently soliciting interest in the assets from qualified buyers. Access to further information is available on signing of a non-disclosure agreement.
Bid Submission: Bids to be provided in writing by the Bid Deadline 27 March 2018, 2:00pm GMT. Bid documentation will be provided on request.
For further information and to submit an offer, please contact: Linda Shannon
Phone: +44 (0) 141 212 2516
Key Terms & Conditions
The bidder acknowledges that Hilco Appraisal act as agent for the Joint Administrators who offer for sale only what right title and interest the Company (in Administration) possesses in the assets. The information provided has not been verified by Hilco Appraisal or the Joint Administrators and bidders are deemed to have carried out their own due diligence of the assets. Buyer`s Premium of 10% will be applicable to this sale. A non-refundable deposit of 25% will be payable by the buyer within 48 hours of bid acceptance. VAT at 20% will be added to the price and Buyer`s Premium. Legal completion to occur within 5 business days of bid acceptance. Full Terms and Conditions apply.