Closing 26 April 2017
26 April 2017 12:00 pm CT
24 & 25 April 2017
9:00 am - 3:30 pm CT
The closure of the Southern Fasteners plant in Greenville, MS is an opportunity for fastener manufacturers and manufacturers of cold forged, headed, coined, bent and threaded parts to greatly increase their production capabilities. This auction sale will feature more than (30) cold headers (Closed and Open Die) and parts formers including machines from Toko, National, Manville, Ceva, and Itami with capacities from 1/4" to 5/8". There are also (20) Waterbury Farrel, Saspi, Manville (Automatic and Hand Feed) thread rollers, multiple wire drawers, bull blocks, presses & machine tools.
Southern Fasteners was one of many operating facilities of Acme Screw Corporation. Acme's product line is not just limited to what is considered "standard headed, threaded & SEMS fasteners." Their extensive in-house capabilities allow them to produce many unique specialty products - many not even considered fasteners. Utilizing various cold forming processes they are able to manufacture wire forms with multiple bends, flattened areas, pierced holes & combinations of these characteristics. Eye bolts, hinge pins, headless knurled pins & even various types of assemblies are not outside their capabilities.
Acme Screw Corporation was founded in 1948 and continues to operate facilities in Illinois (Wheaton & Rockford).
Cold Headers / Parts Formers
- Toko TL-400, 5/8", Extra Long Stroke, Open Die
- (12) National, 5/16" - 5/8"
- (14) Manville, 1/4" - 1/2"
- (4) Ceva, 5/16" - 3/8"
- Itami, 1/4" DSSD
- (20) Waterbury Farrell, Saspi and Manville from1/4" - 1/2"
Wire Drawers & Bull Blocks
- RMG and Fastener Engineer (Multiple Units Available)
- (3) Bull Blocks
- K.R. Wilson 300-Ton Hydraulic Press
- (20) OBI Presses
- (1) Haas Vertical Machining Centers
- Buyers are responsible for removing all of their purchases. Hilco does not provide rigging or shipping services and is not responsible for any rigging or shipping issues.
- Removal deadline: 17 May 2017
- Removal dates and times: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM local time Monday through Friday.
- Standard Removal Terms apply.
- Anyone performing removal will need to provide proper insurance.
- Pre-Qualified riggers include:
Adair’s Rigging and Transport
Contact: Joe Adair
B and G Rigging
Contact: Mac Green